To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume, cover letter and job title in the subject line to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
Outside Sales Account Executive
This standard procedure establishes and describes the duties, authority and responsibilities of the Outside sales representative. In summary, the Outside Sales Representative plays an important role in the day-to-day operations of the company’s outside sales and customer support efforts. This critical position is the link between the customer and the company.
The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for achieving the sales and service objectives for COLAMCO. The Outside Sales Representative is part of the sales organization and is responsible for establishing and maintaining a professional business relationship with existing and prospective customers along with growing the business with each customer until COLAMCO becomes their primary supplier of products handled.
- In coordination with the Director of Sales & Marketing, the Outside Sales Representative is responsible for maintaining existing customers accounts and developing new business for COLAMCO
- Responsible for interpreting the sales goals and objectives established by the Director of Sales & Marketing and assuring that these objectives are used as guidelines for the day-to-day outside sales activities of the business.
- Responsible for providing support of the business’ sales and marketing organization.
- Responsible for representing the company with customers and all other areas that impact the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Outside Sales Representative reports directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing of the company.
- The Outside Sales Representative also builds relationships with key customers and employees.
- High school diploma or general education degree GED.
- Four years of college with a concentration in business is required.
- The Outside Sales Representative should have a minimum of five years’ experience in an outside sales capacity selling.
- Received sales training from a certified training organization.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To generate sales that meets the company’s margin objectives through the identification and conversion of leads, referrals, and add-on opportunities.
- Working with the Director of Sales & Marketing to develop the annual budget for sales and gross margin for the assigned territory and accounts and for the development of new business.
- Implement and coordinate the goals, budgets, and objectives for success in the daily operations of the sales process of the COLAMCO sales functions for projects and accounts assigned.
- Cooperating with the Distribution and Operations departments, ensure the timeliness and accuracy of information and specifications required to perform each order.
- Ensure the adequacy of lead times and quality of communications to insure that workflows are properly controlled and planned throughout the sales process.
- Utilize the sales reporting and planning tools developed to properly and efficiently manage your time and sales effort
- Communicate order specifications and customer expectations, as completely as possible, to the other members of the project team using Request for Quotations form, upon which other departments rely for control and verification of, delivery requirements.
- Provide the critical interface between customers, personnel, and other COLAMCO employees involved. Represent COLAMCO as a reliable, innovative supplier of high quality innovative computer peripherals and consumables.
- Provide all required documentation, and other communications necessary, to ensure the timely and accurate completion of orders.
- Maintain a presence in the field with new and existing clients in support of the sales process and customer development effort. Use this to cultivate follow-on and referral business.
- Maintain and improve gross margins on existing and new projects by delivering performance measured in terms of gross margin, on-time delivery, and quality service and customer satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain high level of communications between the customer and the in house team. Constantly maintain high quality communications, service and response to customer’s needs and inquiries.
- Communicate operating issues, plans, goals and results to the Director of Sales & Marketing.
- Elicit customer feedback on product satisfaction and customer future needs.
- Take any reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities of the position, so long as such action does not deviate from established company policies and is consistent with sound business judgment.
Establish and maintain good working relations with other departments to reduce conflict and maximize COLAMCO profitability.
Compensation for this position is a commission and draw program or a commission base program, (to be determined) based upon performance by the individual.
The Outside Sales Representative will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Ability to achieve budgeted sales and gross margin
- Improved penetration within the assigned territory while achieving targeted gross margins
- Ability to close new business as well as add-on, and referral business
- Improved capture rates on proposal effort
- Achieving a high level of customer satisfaction
- Development of strong team building skills and success in coordinating, through the project team process, a high level of success in the project completion process.