To apply for this position, please send an email with your resume, cover letter and job title in the subject line to email@example.com. No phone inquiries please.
Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative plays an important role in the day to day operations in the company’s order processing, invoicing, sales support, telephone sales and inside sales. This critical position is the link between the Outside Sales Rep, National Sales Rep, Telemarketing, the Customer and the Company.
The customer service representative is responsible for providing sales and service objectives for COLAMCO, complies with all legal and ethical business requirements and optimizes its sales potential, profits, cash flow and shareholder equity in order to operate at its estimated level of predetermined profits.
The customer service representative is part of the sales management organization and is responsible for performing, coordinating, delegating and reviewing sales function information including: on-time delivery, customer backlog reports, customer purchase order acknowledgements and customer concerns.
The Customer Service Representative is also responsible for assisting the Customer Service Manager as directed.
- In coordination with the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Representative is responsible for providing the necessary planning, organization, direction and control to meet the customer service goals for quality and cost effectiveness for the business.
- Responsible for interpreting the general plans and policies established by the Manager of Customer Service and assuring that these objectives are used as guidelines for the day-to-day Customer Service activities of the business.
- Responsible for providing support of the business’ sales and marketing organization.
- In coordination with the Customer Service Manager, responsible for ensuring that the policies and procedures are documented and in force for the effective management and control of the business, for the protection of the company’s assets and employees and to comply with federal, state, municipal and other laws and/or regulations.
- Responsible for representing the company with customers. (And all other areas that impact the business.)
- Other duties as assigned.
- The Customer Service Representative reports directly to the Customer Service Manager of the company.
- The Customer Service Representative also builds relationships with key customers and employees.
High school diploma or general education degree GED.
- The Customer Service Representative should have a minimum of five years’ experience in a customer service capacity.
- Three to four years customer service experience.
- Ability to do outbound sales.
- Demonstrated proficiency in PC and general computer operations.
Skills & Knowledge
The Customer Service Representative must be knowledgeable in all aspects of product support. Must be able to read and understand both technical and operational information. Needs excellent communication skills, and must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Ability to handle multiple and changing priorities concurrently.
- Ability to work with problems and deal with a variety of variables.
- Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, computerized, or diagram form.
- Ability to identify critical issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
The Customer Service Representative has the authority:
- To communicate with customers concerning shipment deviations.
- Solicit sale of promotional materials as directed by management.
- To collect samples of deviant product and submit internally for evaluation.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform all necessary order entry and order processing functions as necessary
- Elicit customer feedback on product satisfaction and customer future needs.
- Take any reasonable action necessary to carry out responsibilities of the position, so long as such action does not deviate from established company policies and is consistent with sound business judgment.
- Take incoming calls from customers regarding any orders, returns or problems and follow the form from the database utilizing the P.O. number.
- Collect samples, and pictures from customers, if product has defect, for evaluation.
- Responsible for entering all inquiries in the database and distribute the information to the person assigned to answer the complaint.
- Solicit sale of non-active accounts as directed by management.
- Follow up with customers, once complaint has been accepted and the product is being returned, and assign them Return Authorization Number.
- Meet with Customer Service Manager to discuss the areas where we are experiencing problems with getting the complaints or inquiries processed in a timely manner.
- Ensure that every customer interaction is properly documented using the CRM software.
- Effectiveness in maintaining a strong record of compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and policies affecting the company.
Establish and maintain good working relations with other departments to reduce conflict and maximize COLAMCO’s profitability.
Compensation for this position is a confidential base salary plus bonuses and or commissions paid for specific management directed projects.
The Customer Service Representative will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Ability to maintain and achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Ability to achieve and exceed individual sales budget by making outbound calls to the company’s inactive customers.
- Ability to perform all essential duties and responsibilities as designated in job description.
- Accuracy and timeliness in processing of all CSR inquiries and complaints.
- Ability to utilize outbound calls to develop new sales from inactive customers.